While there are various reasons for people quitting their jobs, truth is, when you pinpoint the causes, a large percentage point back to the manager (some estimate managers are responsible for up to 60 percent of all the reasons people quit). Gallup research has already proved that the immediate manager is your likely culprit. Here are eight management mistakes that we see time and time again.
1. Not recognizing their employees’ unique strengths
2. Poor communication with the team
3. Not sharing information
5. Failure to listen
6. Not making themselves available
7. They lead with their egos
8. They simply don’t give a rip about their people